This prayer space gives time for one to research about the Ozone Layer and the damage caused to it. One is then invited to reflect on ways how in the household this damage can be controlled.
Equipment: Internet, paper, pen, pencil or colours
16th September is the International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer. The Ozone Layer is a shield of gases surrounding the earth protecting it from the sun’s rays. This day reminds us of the importance of taking care of this shield. This was being torn and the sun’s rays were causing more damage to the people’s skin.
- Search about the Ozone Layer and the damage it has been having in recent years.
- Look for ways how you can help in limiting the damage: choosing natural cleaning products and buying local products, or travelling more on foot than with a car.
- Create a list of 3 things that you and your family can do to contribute.
- Decorate and put the paper up in a place where all family members can see, to be a reminder of what one is to do.
- Ask God for forgiveness for those times we did not appreciate the beauty of nature and harmed it.