During this prayer space, one recognizes one’s talents and good characteristics and a way how he/she uses them to help others benefit from them.
Equipment: nest template, brown crayon, 5 seeds (any kind will do), pen, pencil
Related to Liturgy: Eleventh Sunday in Ordinary Time (Year B)
Related to Bible: Mark 4:26-34
Have you ever had a school project? Do you remember how from a two word title you managed to find information and images? Through the information and images, than, you created the whole project on a scrapbook or paperboard. Thus the title now has a different meaning and not just a two word phrase. Jesus uses this same dynamic to compare the Kingdom of God with a mustard seed.
- Hold the five seeds in the palm of your hands. (all types of seeds will do – plant or fruit)
- While glancing at the seeds, think about your positive characteristics/talents
- On the nest template, attached the five seeds.
- Underneath every seed, write your positive characteristics/talents
- Spare a small prayer to God asking him to give you strength to do your best to help others benefit from your talents/characteristics.