During this prayer space one reflects on the weight pain and anger bare and the liberating power of forgiveness.
Equipment: stones/pebbles, water
Related to Liturgy: Lent
On the cross, Jesus cried out ‘Father forgive them, for they do not know what they do’. Sometimes bad things happen to us. Sometimes people’s words or actions hurt us and it is hard to let go of our pain and anger. Sometimes the pain and anger make us feel very unhappy. Forgiveness is about letting go.
- Take some time to think and reflect
- Is there anyone in your life who you need to forgive?
- Are you willing to take the step of forgiveness?
- Hold a stone in your hands.
- When you are ready, gently drop the stone into the water as a sign of forgiveness.